UC San Diego Medical Center and UC San Diego Medical Group accept the following behavioral health insurance plans for psychiatry and mental health services:
- Aetna Behavioral Health
As of April 21, 2023, UC San Diego Health will no longer be contracted with Aetna Commercial or Medicare plans. See
Accepted Insurance Plans for details.
- Anthem Blue Cross Behavioral Health
- Cigna Behavioral Health
- Magellan Health Services Behavioral Health (for services at
Eating Disorder Treatment and Research Center and inpatient services only)
- Managed Health Network (MHN) Behavioral Health
- Optum/United Behavioral Health
- TriCare (United Behavioral Health)
UC San Diego Medical Center and UC San Diego Medical Group are contracted with most major insurance plans. If you do not see the name of your insurance plan listed above, and you require specialty care, see your primary care physician and request an authorization to UC San Diego for specialty services.