Behavioral & Mental Health Care
Emergency Help Available 24/7
For a mental health emergency, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room. You can also call the San Diego Crisis Line at 888-724-7240 for confidential, free support.
If you or a loved one is struggling with a behavioral mental health condition, you are not alone.
These conditions are common and treatable. Look to us to compassionately diagnose and treat your behavioral or mental health condition. UC San Diego Health's mental health professionals are experts in their fields, actively working to advance evidence-based care.
General & Specialty Care Programs
As part of an academic medical system, we offer a broad range of programs to comprehensively care for all types of mental health conditions. These programs offer you a higher level of expertise and care than is generally available at community hospitals and medical centers.
When to See a Mental Health Professional
Behavioral and mental health conditions often go undiagnosed and untreated. You are encouraged to seek professional help if you feel "off" or have any of the following:
- Anxiety or depression
- Attention or concentration difficulties
- Changes in sleep and appetite
- Changes in behavior or personality
- Social withdrawal or loss of interest in appearance
Mental Health Care Services
We offer a range of services to meet your specific needs and preferences, including:
- Comprehensive psychiatric and psychological evaluations
- Medication treatment and management
- Individual psychotherapy
- Specialized group therapies, including cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) for anxiety disorders, dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), and mentalization-based therapy
- Memory disorder testing and care
- Neuropsychological testing
- Inpatient psychiatric care (hospitalization) for people needing the highest level of mental health care
- Integrated behavioral health care, or short-term therapy for common mental health concerns for primary care patients.
Behavioral Health Plans Accepted
We accept behavioral health insurance and most insurance plans that are offered to UC San Diego Health employees. You're encouraged to verify that UC San Diego Health is an in-network provider.
Advancing Care for Behavioral and Mental Health
UC San Diego Health clinicians are actively researching ways to improve behavioral and mental health care. By joining a clinical trial, you may receive a new behavioral and mental health treatment before it's available to the public. If your condition has not responded to standard therapies, talk to your doctor about whether a clinical trial could be right for you.