The serenity room at Jacobs Medical Center.
Spiritual care is an integral part of the healing process. It provides an important source of comfort and strength to patients and families faced with serious illnesses or difficult decisions to make.
Our staff includes chaplains and a group of volunteer spiritual care leaders from many different faiths. Together, they provide compassionate and caring spiritual support to patients and their families. Different beliefs, cultures and values are respected.
Chaplain services are free and include:
- Crisis intervention
- Comfort and emotional support
- Spiritual consultations and guidance
- Support in decision making and ethical dilemmas
- Prayers, blessings, rituals and sacraments
- Making arrangements with patients’ clergy or spiritual leaders
- End-of-life support
If you are interested in chaplain services, please tell your nurse or call Volunteer Services at 619-543-6370.
Open to people of all faiths, our meditation rooms provide a place for prayer, meditation and reflection.
- Jacobs Medical Center Serenity Room: Located on the first floor.
- UC San Diego Medical Center Meditation Room: Located on the first floor of the Inpatient Tower, off the west entrance of the Hillcrest hospital.
- The Solarium at UC San Diego Medical Center: Located on the 11th floor of the Hillcrest hospital.
- Moores Cancer Center Meditation Room: Located on the first floor.