COVID-19 updates, including vaccine information, for our patients and visitors Learn More
Six Reasons to Choose UC San Diego Health
- As part of the only academic health system in the region, so our team is at the forefront of new discoveries and groundbreaking research.
- We're ranked #9 in the nation for the treatment of respiratory disease (pulmonology) by U.S. News & World Report for 2021-22.
- We are one of the 18 NIH-funded networks (American Lung Association-Airway Center Research Network) involved in leading-edge asthma research and clinical trials across the U.S.
- Our multidisciplinary team — which includes experts from
pulmonology, sleep medicine,
head and neck surgery, and
allergy and immunology — collaborates regularly to ensure comprehensive, targeted care.
- We have a complete pulmonary function laboratory capable of basic and advanced lung function assessment (e.g., exercise-induced asthma testing, methacholine challenge test).
See our Pulmonary Function and Exercise Lab.
- In our multidisciplinary Airway Clinic, pulmonologists partner with respiratory therapists to provide training on inhaler technique, general asthma education and assessment testing, and help customize an action plan for your asthma care.
Appointments & Referrals