UC San Diego Health has an internationally recognized team of experts in neuro-oncology, neurosurgery, radiation oncology, neuroradiology, neuropathology and neuroimaging for the comprehensive research and treatment of benign and malignant brain tumors, including glioblastoma.
The region’s only comprehensive brain tumor program, we provide a compassionate team approach to patients with primary brain tumors or neurologic complications of cancer.
With the world's latest neuroimaging technology, systems and software, our specialists are guided by distinct three-dimensional scans of the brain.
Advanced technology means faster, accurate diagnoses and precision treatment of brain tumors and their complications.
- Accurate diagnoses with the help of expert neurological evaluations and the most advanced imaging techniques specifically for brain tumors
- Consultations with neurosurgeons, radiation oncologists and neuro-oncologists to develop a coordinated treatment plan. Meet our brain cancer team
- A Brain Tumor Board of national and international experts who review complex cases weekly
- Innovative surgical and treatment techniques
- Molecular and genetic testing to analyze tumors and customize cancer treatments
- Second opinions on diagnoses received elsewhere
- Telehealth visits
- Neuropalliative care
More about our innovative brain tumor diagnosis and treatment
Clinical Research Opportunities
Clinical trials can offer new treatment approaches that are not otherwise available.
As San Diego's only academic health center, we provide access to pioneering clinical trials, including:
- Anti-tumor virus therapy
- Vaccine therapy
- Drug therapy
- Surgical techniques
- Precision-based, cognitive-sparing radiation techniques
More about clinical trials
Video: Brain Cancer Surgery Gives Patient Her Life Back
Sabrina Leamon was diagnosed with a slow-growing brain cancer called a grade II diffuse glioma. Her personalized surgery at UC San Diego Health relieved her anxiety and seizures, and restored her life at age 24.