UC San Diego offers general birth control and family planning services through your
well-woman provider, as well as expert care from physicians who specialize in family planning. We focus on helping you choose the best options for your own situation. Funding assistance is available for patients with financial barriers.
Our team includes experienced gynecologists and certified nurse-midwives who can advise you about the best birth control method to meet your individual needs and goals.
Birth Control and Family Planning Services
- Basic contraception consultation and services
- Complex contraception consultation and services
- Emergency contraception
- Pregnancy testing and options counseling
- Abortion care
- Contraceptive injectables (Depo-Provera)
- IUD insertion (for women who have or have not given birth) and removal
- Miscarriage management
- Management of abnormal or unintended pregnancies
- Postpartum contraception
- Laparoscopic sterilization
- Find out more about various forms of contraception.
Birth Control for Complex Medical Conditions
If you have complex medical issues (including epilepsy, bariatric surgery or uncontrolled diabetes), our Comprehensive Contraception Program can advise you about safe and highly effective contraceptive options.