Do you have a wound that hasn't healed after four weeks?
You may be in need of advanced wound treatment. The hyperbaric medicine and wound care team at UC San Diego Health specializes in the treatment of nonhealing, chronic wounds.
Chronic wounds can cause serious complications, from severe infection to amputation. By using skilled surgical techniques and sound medical therapy, our highly trained specialists are able to address the source of infection, provide relief for diseased tissue, and save limbs.
Comprehensive Wound Services
We offer a full range of patient and referring physician services as well as expert evaluation, individual therapy plans and support for each patient.
Our wound care services include:
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT)
- Foot orthotic care and management
- Wound debridement
- Holistic care
- Ongoing patient education
- Nutritional counseling
- Infection management
- Compression therapy
- Pressure off-loading devices support
- On-site xenografting
- Post-traumatic wound management
- Multilayer compression therapy
- Advanced wound dressings (e.g., nanocrystalline silver)
- Noninvasive vascular assessment (e.g., SensiLase)
- Edema prevention and control (e.g., venous compression pump therapy)
Our wound care team coordinates patient care with referring physicians to ensure swift recovery. An onsite podiatrist is available weekly to assist with foot-related problems.
Wounds We Treat
We treat a range of acute and chronic wounds:
- All non-healing problem wounds
- Radiation exposure wounds
- Venous insufficiency/stasis ulcers
- Diabetic foot ulcers
- Post-traumatic wounds
- Arterial insufficiency ulcers
- Pressure/decubitus ulcers
- Post-operative wound complications
- Rare dermatological cases (e.g., pyoderma gangrenosum, calciphylaxis)
- Fungating cancerous lesions
Referring Physicians call: 855-543-0555