Our menopause health program, the first of its kind in San Diego, is a multidisciplinary service designed to meet the complex needs of women approaching or experiencing natural, surgical, or premature menopause.
Menopause is a natural process that simply means the end of menstruation. As a woman ages, there is a gradual decline in the function of her ovaries and the production of estrogen, progesterone and testosterone. The decline of estrogen can lead to symptoms, including hot flashes, night sweats, vaginal dryness, and mood changes.
Natural menopause usually occurs between the ages of 45 to 55, and it becomes official when you have not experienced a menstrual period for 12 consecutive months. Some women experience menopause at younger ages due to premature ovarian failure, cancer therapy, or surgical removal of both ovaries.
- Extended consultation, including complete review of medical history and physical exam
- Management of menopause symptoms
- Hormone testing and hormone replacement therapy (HRT)
- Gynecological care for menopausal women
- Preventive health care
- Information and resources related to cardiovascular, breast, bone and urogenital health, as well as lifestyle, mental health, and sexuality issues
- Assessment and treatment of sexual dysfunction
- Bone density testing