Our team provides expert care for women experiencing fibroid-related pain or other issues. We are committed to finding the best solution for each woman based on her symptoms and personal goals.
We offer a multidisciplinary approach, with doctors from different specialties available to discuss possible treatments, including:
- Our skilled group of gynecologists offers medical and surgical therapies for fibroid-related symptoms, including minimally invasive surgical options.
- Infertility specialists can evaluate fibroids and recommend therapy if they are interfering with conception. In addition, our infertility specialists collaborate with interventional radiologists on research regarding minimally invasive destruction of fibroids.
- Interventional radiologists offer uterine artery embolization and MR-guided focused ultrasound as alternatives to surgical treatment of fibroids.
- Our radiology team provides specialized services to image fibroids with multiple modalities, such as ultrasound, 3-D ultrasound, sonohysterography and MRI.
- Perinatologists manage the complex risks of pregnancies complicated by fibroids.
By collaborating with multiple specialists in one location, we provide patients with state-of-the-art treatment options to meet their health needs.
Fibroids are non-cancerous growths in or on the walls of the uterus (or womb). They can range in size from less than an inch to more than 12 inches in diameter. Most fibroids cause no symptoms, and may only be discovered when you have a routine pelvic examination. Some women, however, do experience pain, frequent urination, excessive bleeding, constipation, or other symptoms.