For after-hours assistance, 619-543-6737 and ask for pharmacy infusion. A health care professional is on call 24 hours a day.
Infusion therapy refers to the intravenous (IV) delivery of medications or nutrition. Our pharmacy infusion services (also known as PHIS) let patients receive certain types of infusion therapy either at home — reducing both cost and travel time to clinics — or in our Kearny Mesa infusion suite.
Our home infusion services can benefit patients who require infusion therapy for several reasons, including:
- Intravenous anti-infectives (drugs that either kill or inhibit the spread of an infectious agent). These services may also be provided through our
Outpatient IV Antibiotic Therapy Program.
- Hemophilia (clotting factor homecare)
- Inotropic therapy (drugs that make the heart pump harder)
- Enteral nutrition therapy (nutrition provided through a feeding tube)
- Parenteral nutrition (nutrition delivered through an IV)
Specialty Infusion Suite
Our pharmacy infusion suite in Kearny Mesa excels at serving patients who may need infusion for conditions including:
- Enzyme replacement
- Irritable bowel diseases (IBDs), including Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis
- Multiple sclerosis
- Rheumatoid arthritis
See Infusion Therapy for Cancer for information on chemotherapy administered intravenously.
See other UC San Diego Health infusion center locations.