Contact Us Pharmacy infusion: 619-543-5231
After-Hours Assistance 619-543-6737 (ask for pharmacy infusion)
Infusion therapy refers to the intravenous (IV) delivery of medications or nutrition. You may think that infusion therapy is only for cancer care but many types of medications cannot be administered orally and must be administered intravenously.
You may be able to receive certain types of infusion therapy at home, reducing both cost and travel time to clinics, including:
- Intravenous antimicrobials. These services are also available through the Outpatient IV Antibiotic Therapy Program.
- Hemophilia (See: clotting factor homecare)
- Inotropic therapy to help the heart beat harder
- Nutrition therapy through a feeding tube or IV
Infusion Therapy Suite
You may receive infusion therapy at our infusion suite in Kearny Mesa for:
- Enzyme replacement
- Inflammatory bowel diseases (IBDs), including Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Rheumatoid arthritis
Other Infusion Center Locations
You may also be able to receive infusion therapy at one of our other infusion center locations. Find an infusion center near you.