If you need extra support to initiate, build and maintain breast milk production, we offer rentals of hospital-grade breast pumps.
A hospital-grade pump has a stronger, more powerful motor that provides stronger suction and more efficient pumping than regular pumps.
This service is open to patients, UC San Diego Health employees and community members.
Renting A Breast Pump
Medela® Symphony Plus Breast Pump, a hospital-grade pump that provides single or double pumping, is available at both of our
hospital gift shops
- Call 619-543-6585 (childbirth educator line) in advance to make sure the item you need is available
- Replacement parts and other breastfeeding support items are available to buy, such as breast shields, nursing pads and bustiers for hands-free pumping
- Pump rental includes the pump only. If you do not already have one, personal pump kits will be available to purchase at the gift shops
- Pump rental is $30 for 7 days; $90 for 30 days
- Payment is made by credit card in advance
- You can request an extension of the rental timeframe by calling our childbirth educator line at