Schedule Your Medicare Annual Wellness Visit
If you have been a Medicare beneficiary for at least 12 months, you are eligible for a no cost appointment with a
primary care provider once a year called an Annual Wellness Visit.
It is designed to ensure that no detail of your preventive health care plan is overlooked.
Plan Your Medicare Preventive Services
The Medicare Annual Wellness Visit focuses on ways you can prevent health issues. The visit does not include a physical exam.
During this appointment, you will discuss your needs and leave with a personal wellness plan that will help you keep track of preventive services — such as immunizations, labs, bone density tests, and mammograms — that you are due for in the upcoming year.
What Can You Expect at Your Annual Wellness Visit?
At this visit, you can expect to:
- Have routine measurements such as height, weight and blood pressure taken
- Review your personal and family health history
- Discuss your risk for certain medical conditions and learn about early detection
- Talk about your health goals — from maintaining memory and living independently, to end-of-life issues such as advance directives
- Receive counseling and referrals as appropriate
Primary care physicians discuss the health benefits of getting an annual wellness exam at every stage of life.
Get the Most Out of Your Medicare Benefits
You pay no copayment for your Medicare Annual Wellness Visit and it is not subject to your Part B deductible. Recommended labs, exams, or other services will be subject to your Medicare deductible, coinsurance, and/or copay.
Taking advantage of this benefit is a great way to help you live your healthiest life!
To schedule your Medicare Annual Wellness Visit, call