UC San Diego Health offers patients advanced diagnostic and interventional imaging services at many convenient locations.
Our specialized expertise, advanced equipment and team-based approach to care allow us to perform radiology services faster and with greater accuracy. This means your results are more likely to be right the first time and that you and your physicians can chart an appropriate treatment plan sooner with greater confidence positive outcome.
As part of an academic health care system, we offer technologies and procedures that are not widely available at community hospitals.
magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) which provides twice the field strength of standard scanners
- MRIs for monitoring breast cancer patients and screening at-risk women. (See our comprehensive breast imaging center.)
- MRI-guided ultrasound for shrinking uterine fibroids and reducing pain from cancer metastasis to the bone
- MRI with ultra-short TE imaging to monitor early-stage arthritis and diagnose multiple sclerosis.
- 320- and 64-slice
CT scans to noninvasively view coronary arteries and check for blockages
PET-CT scans for early diagnosis and treatment planning of cancer and dementias
- Single-photon emission computed tomography (SPECT) and computed tomography (CT) scanning in one integrated machine
Nuclear medicine to treat cancer
- Functional brain imaging (magnetoencephalography) to identify sources of epileptic discharges