Supplier Diversity and Inclusion Program
UC San Diego Health strives to provide diverse businesses the maximum opportunity to participate as suppliers and providers of goods and services.
UC San Diego Health seeks to establish and integrate measurable and effective diversity and inclusion processes into all purchasing activities that support strategic sourcing and procurement across all divisions. This maximizes the number of diverse suppliers in UC San Diego Health’s supplier base.
Eligibility Requirements, Certification and Participation
To be eligible for this program, a business must be verified self-certified or certified as a minority-owned, woman-owned, disadvantaged business enterprise, LGBT-owned, or disabled veteran-owned. To be certified, a business must meet these requirements.
It is UC San Diego Health’s commitment to:
- Actively seek out certified diverse suppliers to participate in all Request for Proposals (RFPs).
This does not necessarily mean a diverse supplier will be awarded the business, but it does guarantee that a diverse supplier has a seat at the table and the opportunity to participate in all RFPs regardless of the dollar amount.
- Ensure the inclusion of diverse suppliers as a part of our strategic sourcing and procurement processes.
- Communicate the value of supplier diversity both internally and externally to all stakeholders.
- Develop new, creative, and innovative means to utilize diverse business enterprises.
- Small Business Administration (https://www.sba.gov/)
- National Minority Purchasing Council and its regional affiliates (NMSDC) (https://nmsdc.org/)
- National Minority Supplier Development Council (https://nmsdc.org/mbes/mbe-certification/)
- Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (https://www.ushcc.com/)
- National Black Contractors Association (http://www.nationalbca.org/)
- National Association of Women in Construction (https://www.nawic.org/)
- US Department of Veteran’s Affairs (https://www.va.gov/)
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (https://www.wbenc.org/)
- National LGBT Chamber of Commerce (https://www.nglcc.org/)
This list is not exclusive.