UC San Diego Health: A World Leader in Acoustic Neuroma and NF2
We're here for you.
If you're looking for experts to diagnose and treat acoustic neuroma, we want you to know we'll treat you as a partner, from the first appointment to long after treatment.
At UC San Diego Health's Acoustic Neuroma Program, you're not just a short-term patient...you're a patient for life!
We help you navigate your journey, whether it's finding a place to stay in San Diego or sorting out billing and insurance. We are a nationally contracted provider for many health plans.
Consults include a complete review of your medical records and any test results related to acoustic neuroma/NF2. All consults are free of charge with no obligation.
Feel free to email or call us at 858-249-2944.
World-Class Advantages, World-Class Care
Learn more about our programs and how our world-renowned surgeons and procedures can help you.
Rick Friedman, MD, PhD
Rick Friedman, MD, PhD, is a neurotologist and world-renowned expert on acoustic neuroma, NF2, and related disorders. He has treated over 1,000 patients with these conditions. His research on the genetic forms of hearing loss is funded by the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
Marc Schwartz, MD
Marc Schwartz, MD, is a neurosurgeon and expert on the treatment of acoustic neuroma, skull base tumors and NF2. He has treated over 2,000 patients for acoustic neuroma and is one of the leading neurosurgeons in the field of auditory brainstem implants.
Comprehensive Services in One Place
Medical Services and Specialties
- An integrated vestibular therapy program to promote faster balance recovery and return to activity
- Audiology services
- Osteopathic manipulation after surgery to enhance patient healing and comfort
- Advanced hearing implant options such as auditory brainstem implant and bone-anchored hearing implants
Facilities and Housing
- First-rate facilities, including Jacobs Medical Center in La Jolla, which integrates advanced imaging and surgery in an environment that focuses on patient comfort and healing
- Convenient housing for family members at our La Jolla Family House with hotel-style guest rooms and furnished apartments, in walking distance to the hospital
- Resources for patients, such as access to support groups and complimentary review of medical records for new patients