Women and Bleeding Disorders
If you're a woman with a bleeding disorder, you need expert care at every stage of life. That's why we offer a clinic with specialists in hematology, gynecology, and reproductive endocrinology for women with bleeding disorders.
We provide patients with hormonal and hematologic therapies, as well as counseling in obstetric and reproductive health.
Women Who May Benefit From Our Program
If you have any of these issues, you may benefit from a professional evaluation by our team.
- Menstrual period longer than 7 days
- Passing blood clots that are larger than the size of a quarter
- Soaking through pads or tampons in 1 to 2 hours
- Flooding or gushing sensation
- Iron deficiency and/or anemia due to blood loss that requires transfusion
- Missing days of school or work due to uncontrolled bleeding during periods
- Easy bruising
- Frequent and prolonged nose bleeds
- Excessive or uncontrolled bleeding after surgeries, childbirth or dental procedures
- Personal history of blood clots and on blood thinner with heavy menses
- Family history of bleeding disorders
The most common bleeding disorder in women and girls is von Willebrand Disease. Our team at the Hemophilia and Thrombosis Treatment Center has experience in treating this condition.
This dedicated clinic will also support future research specific to women with bleeding disorders.