Rely on UC San Diego Health Regional Burn Center for personalized burn care and treatment for people of all ages.
Feel confident you or a loved one will receive the best possible care from our experienced team. As San Diego County and Imperial County's only adult and pediatric burn center, we treat all kinds of burn injuries and wounds, including first-degree or superficial burns, second-degree and third-degree burns.
We can respond to even the most complex medical issues with leading-edge treatments, advanced diagnostic and surgical techniques, and a comprehensive team approach to burn care.
Nationally Recognized Burn Center
Our Regional Burn Center meets the highest-quality criteria set by the American Burn Association (ABA) and American College of Surgeons (ACS) for a verified pediatric and adult burn center. It means you’ll get the highest level of care from the time of your injury through recovery and rehabilitation.
Our burn center care team treats more than 450 hospitalized patients yearly, and hundreds more receive treatment and go home the same day. Count on us for advanced care that helps treat severe burns and prevent complications so you can heal.
When to Get Burn Care
Seek medical care if you have any of the following:
- Burns, in addition to other medical conditions
- Burns with additional trauma
- Chemical burns
- Children with burns
- Electrical burns
- Inhalation injury
Emergency Burn Care
Get to the nearest emergency department if you or someone else has:
- Any third-degree burn, which looks dark red, dry and leathery
- Burns to the face, feet, hands, genitalia, or major joints
- Uncontrollable pain
Assistance for Burns
Complete Burn Care
To improve your recovery after a serious burn, your doctor may recommend:
- Rehabilitation Services to help you return to your highest level of movement, function and independence
- Wound Care to help heal your wounds and prevent infection
- Burn survivor services for social, emotional, and spiritual support