Shiley Eye Institute at UC San Diego Health is the region's only academic eye center and its most comprehensive.
At UC San Diego Health, you have access to the most advanced treatments across all areas of eye care for adults and children. Every member of your care team is dedicated to providing excellent patient care to prevent, treat and cure eye diseases.
Established in 1991, the Shiley Eye Institute is a full-service eye care center specializing in:
- Comprehensive ophthalmology
- Cornea and refractive surgery
- Muscle disorders/strabismus
- Ophthalmic genetics
- Ophthalmic pathology
- Ophthalmic plastic and reconstructive surgery
- Optometry and low vision
- Pediatric eye care
- Pediatric ophthalmology and eye alignment disorders
- Retina and vitreous
- Thyroid eye disease/Graves’ disease
UC San Diego Health accepts most major health insurance plans. You're encouraged to call your health plan and verify that UC San Diego Health is an in-network provider.
Verify Your Coverage