Online Second Opinions
Make an informed decision about hip surgery.
UC San Diego Health's orthopedic providers offer online second opinions based on your imaging reports. The service is an easy and convenient way to receive a second opinion without traveling. Your imaging records will be reviewed by one of our orthopedic surgeons or advanced practice practitioners.
Hip Conditions We Can Review
- Degenerative hip osteoarthritis
- Inflammatory hip arthritis
- Hip dysplasia
- Slipped capital femoral epiphysis (SCFE)
- Legg-Calve-Perthes disease
- Hip avascular necrosis
- Post-traumatic hip osteoarthritis
- Continued pain after a total hip replacement (considering hip revision surgery)
Request a Second Opinion: How Online Second Opinions Work
UC San Diego Health uses a secure online portal to receive your images and supporting documents and deliver a written review of your case. The cost is $150. Here is the process and what you can expect.