UC San Diego Health is now offering the updated COVID-19 vaccine at select primary care clinics and Express Care locations to our patients with a focus on individuals who are most vulnerable or immunocompromised.
For the best protection against the COVID-19 virus, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) recommends that everyone ages 6 months and older should stay up-to-date on COVID-19 vaccination.
For more information about COVID-19 vaccines, please check CDC guidelines. UC San Diego Health patients may also contact their primary care provider or call 800-926-8273.
COVID-19 Vaccine Locations — By Appointment Only
UC San Diego Health Primary Care Clinics
UC San Diego Health patients ages 12 years and older can schedule an appointment at select locations by logging into their MyUCSDChart account.
Log into your MyUCSDChart account, go to “Visits” and select “Schedule an Appointment.” Then choose “COVID-19 Vaccination” and follow the prompts to pick a primary care location.
- Hillcrest: 330 Lewis St., San Diego, CA 92103
- La Jolla: 8899 University Center Lane, San Diego, CA 92122
- San Diego: 9333 Genesee Ave., San Diego, CA 92121
- Scripps Ranch: 9909 Mira Mesa Blvd., Suite 200, San Diego, CA 92131
UC San Diego Health Express Care Clinics
Our Express Care clinics are open to all individuals with insurance coverage who would like to receive the updated COVID-19 vaccine. To save your spot online, go to Same-Day Care, click “Express Care” and then “2023-24 COVID-19 Vaccines.”
Other Community Locations
COVID-19 vaccines are widely available at many community locations:
Digital Vaccine and Testing Records
If you’re a UC San Diego Health patient, you can see information about all your vaccine doses and access a digital copy of your COVID-19 vaccine records or COVID-19 test results through the MyUCSDChart patient portal. You'll be able to generate a QR code that can soon be read by participating organizations or download a PDF record of your vaccine doses.
The digital vaccine record is also known as a SMART Health Card. It is similar to the digital vaccine record available through the state of California, but you may find the MyUCSDChart version easier to access, especially if you have proxy accounts through MyChart for children or other family members.
To see your vaccine doses and access the QR code for your vaccine record or test results:
- Log into MyUCSDChart or open the MyUCSDHealth app on a smartphone or tablet and select MyUCSDChart.
- Go to the Menu at the top left. Under My Record, select "COVID-19." (You can also find vaccine records under "Immunizations & Screenings," but the QR codes and PDF downloads are not offered in that area of MyUCSDChart.)
- Select "QR codes" to generate a QR code or select "Download/Export" to generate a PDF copy of your results
How to Update Your Digital Records
If you received your COVID-19 vaccine doses outside of UC San Diego Health, we may have already received vaccine records from other vaccination locations in California and automatically updated your medical records.
If not, you can send a message to your primary care provider through your MyUCSDChart account once you have received both doses. Log into MyUCSDChart and select "Messaging," then "Send a Message." Please attach a photo of your vaccine card and include the dates and the type of vaccine you received.
Learn More About COVID-19 vaccines
- San Diego County's vaccine hub
- California Department of Public Health's vaccine information
- CDC FAQs on getting vaccinated for the novel coronavirus