Application Process for Medical Staff Membership and Privileges
Below is an overview of the Credentialing and Privileging application process for physicians and advanced practice professionals. Please be aware that it can take up to 90 days to process an application after receiving the completed application and supporting documentation.
- You or your department contact must notify Medical Staff Administration and request an initial application. Applications are sent electronically. Please verify that your department contact has your correct email address, date of birth and Social Security number (these three elements are required to launch an application).
- Upon notification, Medical Staff Administration will send you two emails — one contains the link to the secure online portal and the second email includes your password.
- Log in to the application portal via Internet Explorer, Chrome or Safari. (Firefox is not compatible.) As you go through the application, each section and tab will show completed with a blue checkmark. If a section has a red flag, it is missing required information and needs your attention.
- If you are requesting clinical privileges, the specialty privilege form will be found under the Privileges tab. Click on the privilege form(s) to open the document and check the boxes next to the privileges you wish to request. Scroll down to the very bottom of the browser window and click “Submit” to close the document. If you do not see an appropriate privilege form(s), please contact Medical Staff Administration.
- You will be able to upload any supporting documents to accompany your application under the Documents tab. This section also allows you to view the data you entered in the portal and how that data transfers over to the PDF application.
- When all sections of the application have been completed, a button will appear showing “Click to Submit” on the Review & Submit tab. A new window will pop up, instructing you to enter security questions: Date of birth (mm/dd/yyyy), Social Security number (xxx-xx-xxxx) and email. Note: Date of birth must include slashes (/) and SSN must include dashes (-)
- The window will close and the portal will refresh to show the date on which your application was submitted. If the main screen does not display a “Submitted” date, please feel free to contact Medical Staff Administration.
- You may pay the application processing fees electronically via a secure payment website.
Payment and Fees
Medical Staff Administration will not begin processing any application without receiving appropriate payment. Fees are nonrefundable. Please check with your department or administrator if they will be covering application fees.
If you have any questions, please contact Medical Staff Administration at 619-543-7874 or email@example.com.