Parking and Directions – La Jolla Medical Campus
Payment for parking at UC San Diego Health hospitals and clinics in La Jolla is by license plate rather than parking stall number.
Self-parking is free with a Disabled Person placard or license plate in designated visitor spaces.
Ongoing construction for various projects may affect your travel time to appointments.
Drop-off and pickup locations for surgery patients at Shiley Eye Institute have moved as part of a renovation project. Get more information.
Valet Parking Service
We encourage valet parking on weekdays at our four drop-off points on the La Jolla medical campus. It is a convenient way to make it to your appointment on time.
0 to 3 hours: $5
Each additional hour: $2
Daily maximum: $16
Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express accepted
Valet Drop-Off Locations and Hours
- Jacobs Medical Center main entrance (Thornton Pavilion): 7 a.m. – 5 p.m. weekdays
- Jacobs Medical Center west entrance: 5 a.m. – 5 p.m. weekdays
- Koman Family Outpatient Pavilion entrance: 7 a.m. – 5 p.m. weekdays
- Moores Cancer Center driveway: 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. weekdays
Pay by entering your license plate at the pay stations. Please take a photo or make a note of your license plate number before leaving your car and starting the payment process. Or use the Parkmobile app.
Less than 30 minutes: Free
30 minutes to 3 hours: $5
Each additional hour: $2.20
Daily maximum: $16
Free with a disabled placard in designated visitor spaces
Parking includes in-and-out privileges
It's Easy to Use Parkmobile app
Instead of entering your license plate at the pay stations, you can use the Parkmobile app and never worry about waiting in line or remembering your license plate number.
Closest Self-Parking By Location
- Jacobs Medical Center (including Thornton Pavilion), Perlman Medical Offices, and Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center: Campus Point structure, Athena structure
- Koman Family Outpatient Pavilion: Athena structure, Campus Point structure
- Moores Cancer Center: Athena structure, Lot P760
- Shiley Eye Institute: Athena structure, Lot P760