Shiley Eye Institute at UC San Diego Health is the only academic eye center in the region. We offer the most advanced treatments across all areas of eye care. Our clinicians, surgeons, scientists and staff are dedicated to providing excellent patient care to prevent, treat and cure eye diseases.
Our research is at the forefront of developing new methods for diagnosis and treatments of eye diseases and disorders. In addition to educating the leaders of tomorrow, we are committed to serving the San Diego and global community.
Established in 1991, the
Shiley Eye Institute is a full service eye care facility specializing in:
- Comprehensive ophthalmology
- Cornea and refractive surgery
- Ophthalmic genetics
- Ophthalmic pathology
- Ophthalmic plastic and reconstructive surgery
- Optometry and low vision
- Pediatric ophthalmology and eye alignment disorders
- Retina and vitreous
- Thyroid eye disease/Graves’ disease
- Muscle disorders/strabismus