Improving appearance and restoring function to parts of the face is the primary goal of the facial plastic and reconstruction team at UC San Diego Health. Led by
Deborah Watson, MD, our facial plastic surgeons provide surgical and nonsurgical procedures to improve the appearance of the face and neck as well as the aesthetics and function of the nose.
Cosmetic and reconstructive surgery, also known as plastic surgery, can be elective or medically advised. We give our patients the opportunity to address aesthetic concerns at the time other procedures are performed.
Dr. Watson performing facial reconstructive surgery.
We regularly perform:
Rhinoplasty (reshaping surgery of the nose)
Blepharoplasty (reshaping surgery of the eyelids)
- Otoplasty (corrects appearance of the external ear)
- Reconstructive surgery of the face where congenital defects, developmental problems, cancer or injury have impacted form and function
- Botox injections and facial filler injections (to smooth wrinkles)
- Removal of facial skin lesions and advanced skin cancers by Mohs chemosurgery
- Resection of skin cancers and repairing the defect with aesthetically-sensitive techniques
- Face and neck lift
- Reconstruction and rehabilitation of the paralyzed or traumatized face