Effective Friday, October 6, Parking Lot P751 will be closed due to Outpatient Pavilion construction. Visitors to UC San Diego Health's La Jolla campus should park in the Athena Parking Structure or Campus Point Parking Structure.
See the map, parking information, and driving directions below for patients and visitors at Jacobs Medical Center (including Thornton Pavilion), Perlman Medical Offices, Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center, Moores Cancer Center, Shiley Eye Institute, and Altman Clinical and Translational Research Institute. For other locations, see
UC San Diego Health Locations
Costs for Lots and Structures
- $4 for first two hours and $1 for each additional hour ($8 daily maximum)
- With a handicapped placard, parking is free in any patient or visitor spot
- Park and then pay at pay stations in structure or lot before entering clinic or hospital
- You do NOT need to display your ticket on your dashboard.
- There are two ways you can add parking time. You can extend your parking time by text. Use a credit card to pay for parking at the pay station and when prompted, add your cell phone number. You will receive a reminder text message when your parking is about to expire. To extend your parking time, reply to the text message with the amount of parking time you need. You can also add additional time at the machines located at Moores Cancer Center (first-floor lobby) and
near at the entrance to Shiley Eye Institute. You will need to use the "add time" code that is on your parking receipt.
- 24-hour tickets have return parking privileges in any visitor parking space, but you must display your ticket on your dashboard.
Valet parking is available between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. weekdays at the circular driveways in front of Thornton Pavilion (Jacobs Medical Center) and Moores Cancer Center.
Valet costs vary by location, but the total service and parking costs have a $10 daily maximum. With a handicapped placard, valet is free at Moores Cancer Center and a $5 flat fee at Thornton Pavilion / Jacobs Medical Center. Maternity patients can receive a discounted rate upon request for appointments and hospital visits.
Valet service is not available on nights or weekends.
Closest Parking Options by Location
- Jacobs Medical Center (including Thornton Pavilion), Perlman Medical Offices, and Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center:
Campus Point structure, Athena structure
- Moores Cancer Center: Athena structure, Lot P760
- Shiley Eye Institute: Lot P760, Athena structure
From I-5: Exit on Genesee Avenue and head east. Turn right on Campus Point Drive and continue past Voigt Drive. At the next intersection, you can turn right toward the Campus Point Parking Structure (across from Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center, on the right) or turn left and continue around the curve to the Athena Parking Structure (on the left).
From I-805: Exit on La Jolla Village Drive and head west. Turn right on Genesee Avenue. Turn left on Campus Point Drive and continue past Voigt Drive. At the next intersection, you can turn right toward the Campus Point Parking Structure (across from Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center, on the right) or turn left and continue around the curve to the Athena Parking Structure (on the left).
Late-night visitors: Between 9 p.m. and 5 a.m., we recommend using I-805 and Regents Road entrances to avoid construction delays along I-5 and Genesee Avenue. Night-time construction activities related to trolley construction are expected to last through 2020. Daytime traffic is not affected.
Using public transportation