Visitors to UC San Diego Health's La Jolla campus have a number of self-parking options including the Athena Parking Structure and Campus Point Parking Structure. You may also use valet parking available in multiple locations.
The map, parking information and driving directions below are useful for the following locations:
- Jacobs Medical Center (including Thornton Pavilion)
- Koman Family Outpatient Pavilion
- Moores Cancer Center
- Perlman Medical Offices
- Shiley Eye Institute
- Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center
- Altman Clinical and Translational Research Institute
- East Campus Office Building (ECOB)
For UC San Diego Medical Center and other medical offices, see
UC San Diego Health Locations.
- $4 for half-day parking (up to four hours). You do NOT need to display your ticket on your dashboard.
- $8 for full-day parking (longer than four hours). This ticket allows you in-and-out privileges for 24 hours. Just park in any visitor spot when you return and display the ticket on the dashboard of your car.
- Note your parking space number and pay at the pay stations using cash or credit card.
- With a handicapped placard, parking is free in any patient or visitor spot.
Valet parking is available in multiple locations:
- Circular driveway in front of Thornton Pavilion and Koman Family Outpatient Pavilion: 7 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. weekdays
- West entrance of Jacobs Medical Center: 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. weekdays
- Moores Cancer Center driveway: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. weekdays
Parking by valet is the same cost as self-parking: $4 for half-day parking (up to four hours) and $8 for full-day parking (longer than four hours). With a handicapped placard, valet parking is free. Maternity patients receive a discounted rate of $4 flat fee upon request.
Valet service is not available on nights or weekends.
Closest Parking Options by Location
- Jacobs Medical Center (including Thornton Pavilion), Perlman Medical Offices, and Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center:
Campus Point structure, Athena structure
- Koman Family Outpatient Pavilion: Athena structure, Campus Point structure
- Moores Cancer Center: Athena structure, Lot P760
- Shiley Eye Institute: Lot P760, Athena structure
From I-5: Exit on Genesee Avenue and head east. Turn right on Campus Point Drive and continue past Voigt Drive. At the next intersection, you can turn right toward the Campus Point Parking Structure (across from Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center, on the right) or turn left and continue around the curve to the Athena Parking Structure (on the left).
From I-805: Exit on La Jolla Village Drive and head west. Turn right on Genesee Avenue. Turn left on Campus Point Drive and continue past Voigt Drive. At the next intersection, you can turn right toward the Campus Point Parking Structure (across from Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center, on the right) or turn left and continue around the curve to the Athena Parking Structure (on the left).
Late-night visitors: Between 9 p.m. and 5 a.m., we recommend using I-805 and Regents Road entrances to avoid construction delays along I-5 and Genesee Avenue. Night-time construction activities related to trolley construction are expected to last through 2020. Daytime traffic is not affected.
Weekend visitors: From April 13 to April 30, there will be construction affecting traffic on the Campus Point Drive entrance to the La Jolla campus. We recommend using Regents Road entrances to avoid delays from 9 p.m. on Friday evenings until 5 a.m. on Monday mornings. Weekday traffic will not be affected.
Using public transportation