Parking updates: We recently implemented a new pricing structure and payment by license plate rather than parking stall number. See details below.
Valet Parking Service (Cash Only)
We encourage valet parking at our four drop-off points. It is a convenient and inexpensive way to make it to your appointment on time. The cost is the same as self-parking:
- $5 for 0 to 3 hours
- $2 for each additional hour with a daily maximum of $14
- Free with a disabled placard
Valet drop-offs are located at:
- Jacobs Medical Center main entrance (Thornton Pavilion): 7 a.m. – 5 p.m. weekdays
- Jacobs Medical Center west entrance: 5 a.m. – 5 p.m. weekdays
- Koman Family Outpatient Pavilion entrance: 7 a.m. – 5 p.m. weekdays
- Moores Cancer Center driveway: 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. weekdays
View a printable map of facilities and parking options on UC San Diego Health's La Jolla campus (including La Jolla ER)
Printable Maps and Directions for La Jolla Medical Campus Facilities
Self-parking is available in parking structures or lots for the same rate as valet parking: $5 for 30 minutes to 3 hours, with each additional hour $2 and a daily maximum of $14. Self-parking of less than 30 minutes is free.
- Pay by entering your license plate at the pay stations. Please take a photo or make a note of your license plate number before leaving your car and starting the payment process. Or use the
Parkmobile app and never worry about waiting in line or remembering your license plate number.
- Parking includes in-and-out privileges.
- With a disabled placard, parking is free in any patient or visitor spot.
Closest Self-Parking By Location
- Jacobs Medical Center (including Thornton Pavilion), Perlman Medical Offices, and Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center: Campus Point structure, Athena structure
- Koman Family Outpatient Pavilion: Athena structure, Campus Point structure
- Moores Cancer Center: Athena structure, Lot P760
- Shiley Eye Institute: Athena structure, Lot P760
Directions to La Jolla Medical Campus
From I-5: Exit on Genesee Avenue and head east. Turn right on Campus Point Drive and continue past Voigt Drive. At the next intersection, you can turn right toward the Campus Point Parking Structure (across from Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center, on the right) or turn left and continue around the curve to the Athena Parking Structure (on the left).
From I-805 Exit on La Jolla Village Drive and head west. Turn right on Genesee Avenue. Turn left on Campus Point Drive and continue past Voigt Drive. At the next intersection, you can turn right toward the Campus Point Parking Structure (across from Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center, on the right) or turn left and continue around the curve to the Athena Parking Structure (on the left).
Using public transportation