If you or a loved one is struggling with a behavioral or mental health condition, you are not alone. These conditions are very common. They are also treatable.
Look to us to compassionately diagnose and treat your behavioral or mental health condition. UC San Diego Health mental health professionals are experts in their fields, actively working to advance evidence-based care.
When to See a Mental Health Professional
Behavioral and mental health conditions often go undiagnosed and untreated. You are encouraged to seek professional help if you feel "off" or have any of the following:
- Anxiety or depression
- Attention or concentration difficulties
- Changes in sleep and appetite
- Changes in behavior or personality
- Social withdrawal or loss of interest in appearance
General Psychiatric Care
We offer general psychiatric care for common mental health concerns such as depression, anxiety and issues related to work or relationships.
Depending on your needs and preferences, you may be seen by a licensed psychiatrist, nurse practitioner, psychologist and / or clinical social worker. Your care team provides medication evaluation and management, as well as individual, group and couple’s therapy.
Because certain issues may be common to your stage of life, we offer services specifically tailored to:
Our general psychiatry services are only available to UC San Diego Health patients and require referral from a UC San Diego Health physician.
Specialty Care for Specific Conditions
UC San Diego Health provides expert specialty care for specific conditions and diagnoses. You find licensed psychiatrists, psychologists and clinical social workers for:
- Comprehensive psychiatric and psychological evaluations
- Medication treatment and management
- Individual psychotherapy
- Specialized group therapies, including cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) for anxiety disorders, dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), and mentalization-based therapy
Our specialty care services include: