Express Care is a new walk-in option for common health care needs — including coughs and colds, sore throats, ear infections, and simple fractures or sprains — as well as wellness visits for certain kinds of prescriptions or camp or school health screenings. Care is provided by board-certified nurse practitioners.
See a full list of conditions treated.
Two Walk-In Clinic Locations: Downtown and Encinitas
Current walk-in wait time:
203 West F Street
San Diego (map and directions)
Walk-ins welcome or check to see how many people are waiting and save your spot in line.
1200 Garden View Road, Suite 110
Encinitas (map and directions)
Walk-ins welcome or call 800-926-8273 to make an appointment.
Express Care Hours
8 a.m. – 8 p.m. Monday – Friday (both locations)
8 a.m. – 4 p.m. Saturday – Sunday (Downtown location only)
Closed on UC San Diego holidays
Insurance and cash payment are accepted.
Our board-certified nurse practitioners can diagnose and treat urgent conditions in patients of all ages, including:
- Coughs and colds
- Earaches and ear infections
- Diarrhea and vomiting
- Fever or flu-like symptoms
- Sore throat or strep throat
- Sinus infections
- Minor burns, cuts, and sprains
- Bladder or urinary tract infections
- Skin infections
- Simple fractures, sprains and strains
Diagnostic X-ray and lab services are available only at the Encinitas location.
Walk-in Wellness Services
Express Care locations also offer:
- Flu vaccinations
- Blood pressure checks
- Sports physicals or health screenings for camp or school
- EpiPen prescriptions
- STI testing and treatment
- Tuberculosis (TB) testing (Quantiferon (blood) testing only)
- Gynecology needs, including birth control prescriptions, pregnancy testing, and emergency contraception