Congrats to UC San Diego physicians for earning Top Doc status in
San Diego Magazine.
Internal medicine doctors specialize in preventing, diagnosing and treating diseases in adults.
At UC San Diego Health, we offer general internists as well as medical subspecialists with training in fields such as cardiology, endocrinology or hepatology who together can provide our adults comprehensive and coordinated care in a welcoming and compassionate environment.
UC San Diego Health internists:
- Serve as primary care providers (PCPs), delivering excellent, patient-centered general internal medical care
- Provide access to general internists and specialist teams to treat your chronic or acute conditions
- Ensure you have access to the right physician to address your specific health care needs
- Serve as your consultant in diagnosing and treating difficult, undifferentiated problems
Internal Medicine Services
Find a Doctor
Read provider bios, including ratings and locations.
- Or call
800-926-8273 — we can help you find the right internal medicine doctor.
Wellness, prevention and collaborative care are the cornerstones of our services.
Whether you need a flu shot, annual checkup, physical exam or assessment of a specific issue, your UC San Diego Health internal medicine expert is there for you. We provide several services to optimize your health, including:
- Chronic disease management
- State-of-the-art care
- Acute-care treatment
- Appointments for urgent problems within one business day
- Health maintenance and preventive care, including routine examinations, screenings and immunizations such as
- Short-term therapy (for a few weeks or months) for common mental health concerns right in your primary care clinic. Our behavioral health providers can help you learn useful coping skills to enhance your health and well-being. Get short-term behavioral health treatment and follow-up support for stress reduction, insomnia, anxiety, depression, family and relationship problems, etc. For more information, please ask your PCP for a referral to a behavioral health provider.
Same-Day Appointments and Video Visits with Your Internal Medicine PCP
- Some PCPs offer same-day appointments. You can also message your internal medicine doctor's office through
MyUCSDChart, your secure online health tool.
- You can schedule your own video visits online with your internal medicine doctor. Log in to your
MyUCSDChart account, go to
Visits in menu, click
Schedule an Appointment and then select
Video Visit: Primary Care. See
Video Visits for more information, including FAQs and tips about virtual appointments.
Several Convenient Locations
locations and contact information for internal medicine clinics in San Diego County.