Congrats to UC San Diego physicians for earning Top Doc status in
San Diego Magazine.
Internal medicine doctors specialize in preventing, diagnosing and treating disease in adults. At UC San Diego Health, we offer general internists as well as medical subspecialists with training in fields such as cardiology, endocrinology or hepatology who together can provide our adults comprehensive and coordinated care in a welcoming and compassionate environment.
UC San Diego Health internists:
- Serve as primary care providres (PCPs), delivering excellent, patient-centered general internal medical care
- Provide access to general internists and specialist teams to treat your chronic or acute conditions
- Ensure you have access to the right physician to address your specific health care needs
- Serve as your consultant in diagnosing and treating difficult, undifferentiated problems
Services by Internists
Find a Doctor
Read provider bios, including ratings and locations.
- Or call
800-926-8273 — we can help you find the right internal medicine doctor.
Our internal medicine doctors offer you:
- Chronic disease management
- State-of-the-art care
- Acute-care treatment
- Appointments for urgent problems within one business day
- Health maintenance and preventive care, including routine examinations, screenings and immunizations such as
Same-Day Appointments and Video Visits with Your Internal Medicine PCP
- Some PCPs offer same-day appointments. You can also message your internal medicine doctor's office through
MyUCSDChart, your secure online health tool.
- You can schedule your own video visits online with your internal medicine doctor. Log in to your
MyUCSDChart account, click
Schedule an Appointment, then select
Video Visit: Primary Care. See
Video Visits for more information, including FAQs and tips about about virtual appointments.
Several Convenient Locations
locations and contact information for internal medicine clinics in San Diego County.