Owen Clinic: HIV / AIDS Treatment
When you live with HIV, you need primary care from a doctor who understands your unique health needs.
Look to the Owen Clinic for inclusive whole-person care from professionals who respect your beliefs, preferences and values. Trust us for responsive welcoming care because we are repeatedly recognized by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation as a leader in LGTBQ health care equity.
Services for People Living with HIV
Because HIV can impact your life in many ways, we offer you a range of key services, including:
- Mental health services: For psychiatric consultations and prescription drug management
- Nutrition services: For healthy living and weight control
- Drug and alcohol counseling: To help establish or maintain sobriety and quit smoking
- Case management: For referrals to local services and other resources
- Financial counseling: For help with getting health insurance or financial assistance through the Ryan White program
- Patient info: For confidential counseling and info on living well with HIV, and making the most of your clinic visits
We also offer special programs for women, children, youth and young adults living with HIV
Specialty Clinics for HIV-Related Conditions
Your specialty care is convenient, too, with several in-house clinics to address common health concerns and conditions, including:
- Anal dysplasia clinic: For patients who have had an abnormal Pap smear
- Hepatitis co-infection clinic: For patients with hepatitis B or C
- Lipid clinic: For patients with high cholesterol or high triglyceride levels
- Pre-exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) Clinic: For HIV-negative patients who are interested in PrEP to prevent HIV
- Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) Clinic: For patients with substance use disorders who might benefit from buprenorphine (Suboxone, Sublocade) or naltrexone (Vivitrol)
Your doctor can also refer you to other specialists, outside Owen Clinic, to fully address your health issues.
Specialty Clinics at the Owen Clinic
Your HIV Care Team
At the Owen Clinic, your care is led by doctors and nurses with expertise in HIV care. You also have access to social workers, clinic pharmacists and counselors who are dedicated to serving the community. If you have an urgent question or issue, please call an on-call nurse for assistance.
HIV Research and Clinical Trials
Clinical trials can offer you early access to a new and better treatment. Please talk with your provider to discuss whether you are a good candidate for a clinical trial.