Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality
The Human Rights Campaign Foundation has again named us as a leader in LGBTQ healthcare equality. UC San Diego Health scored a
perfect 100 on its LGBTQ Healthcare Equality rating for the seventh year straight in 2019.
Recognized as one of the nation's outstanding HIV primary care clinics, the Owen Clinic embraces a whole-person view of HIV care.
We recognize that a chronic health condition such as HIV can impact your life in many ways. To address your health as fully as possible, we offer:
- Mental health services: For therapy, exams and prescription drug management
- Nutrition services: For healthy living and weight control
- Drug and alcohol counseling: To help establish or maintain sobriety and quit smoking
- Case management: For referrals to local services and other resources
- Financial counseling: For help with getting health insurance
- Patient info: For confidential counseling and info on living well with HIV, and making the most of your clinic visits
Special clinics for women, children, youth and young adults living with HIV
Specialty Clinics for HIV-Related Conditions
We have several special clinics at the Owen Clinic to make your care as convenient as possible. These clinics include:
- Anal dysplasia clinic: For patients who have had an abnormal pap smear
- Liver clinic: For patients with hepatitis B or C
- Lipid clinic: For patients with high cholesterol or high triglyceride levels
- Cancer and hematology clinic: For patients with HIV-related cancer or blood problems
Your doctor can also refer you to other specialists, outside Owen Clinic, to fully address your health issues.
Research and Clinical Trials Related to HIV Care and Prevention
Because we are part of a research university, we have many HIV research projects and clinical trials
. Clinical trials can offer you early access to a new and better treatment. Please talk with your provider to discuss whether you are a good candidate for a clinical trial.
Your HIV Care Team
At the Owen Clinic, your care is led by a primary care doctor with expertise in HIV care. Your doctor, nurses and social workers work together to make sure you get the care you need. In addition, the clinic has an on-call nurse who can answer questions, give advice and communicate urgent issues to your doctor. Clinic pharmacists can help you and your doctor plan and adjust your HIV drugs. Counseling is available to help patients adhere to their treatment plan.
Meet your care team.
About San Diego's Premier HIV Care Clinic
The Owen Clinic was establishe in 1982. is the largest, most comprehensive primary care center in San Diego for individuals living with HIV.
Each year our physicians, nurses, social workers and pharmacists care for, counsel, educate and support more than 3,000 men and women.
The Owen Clinic's mission also includes training medical students, residents and community doctors on how to provide exceptional care to those with HIV/AIDS.