Our Advanced Lung Disease Program is a nationally recognized, comprehensive program to treat lung diseases. Our team is dedicated to helping patients breathe easier, live longer, and enjoy a better life. Our lung experts provide highly specialized evaluations and treatment options for all patients suffering from complex lung diseases, regardless of their transplant status.
We provide a full spectrum of care for advanced lung disease tailored to each patient. This includes:
- Evaluation and diagnosis of a wide variety of advanced lung diseases
- State-of-the-art medical and surgical treatment
- Comprehensive lung cancer treatment
- Close follow-up care in collaboration with primary care physicians
- A well-established research enterprise focused on translating new scientific discoveries directly into patient care
- Second opinions
The Advanced Lung Disease Program provides a wide variety of first class services in a convenient ‘one-stop-shop’ for patients and referring physicians. We specialize in cutting-edge therapies and advanced research in the following areas:
Leading the way in Organ Transplantation
Some individuals with advanced disease may eventually require a lung or liver transplant. UC San Diego Health is leading the way in
lung transplantation and
liver transplantation, including live liver donation, so our patients are confident that all possible resources are made available to them in one place.