We know urological issues can be painful and embarrassing and hinder your quality of life. Feel comfortable and confident getting care from UC San Diego Health urology specialists.
We excel at diagnosing and treating all types of urological issues for both men and women — including kidney stones, urinary conditions, fertility issues and conditions affecting the male reproductive tract and female pelvic floor. We will work together with you to develop personalized treatment plans.
Get fast, easy access to the doctors and services you need to help improve your health and quality of life.
Nationally Ranked Urology Care
We are ready to help you every step of the way. You get the best care possible with innovative research and world-class treatments.
Being part of a research-intensive academic medical center gives you access to new therapies and treatments long before they are available elsewhere. Our urology services are ranked among the nation's best urology programs by U.S. News & World Report.
Conditions We Treat
Our urologists treat all kinds of urologic conditions — whether they are common, complex or rare — including:
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) or enlarged prostate
- Erectile dysfunction and other male sexual health issues
- Hematuria (blood in urine)
- Incontinence and other bladder control problems
- Kidney stones
- Male infertility
- Neurogenic bladder
- Urinary tract infections (UTIs)
- Urologic cancers, including prostate cancer, bladder cancer, kidney cancer and testicular cancer
- Vaginal prolapse and female pelvic floor dysfunction
- Vasectomy Reversal
Specializing in Urologic Cancer Treatment
From diagnosis through recovery, you’ll receive the best care and comfort possible for urologic cancers at UC San Diego Health.
Comprehensive, Personalized Care
Your UC San Diego Health urologist may recommend screening tests, diagnostic imaging (including ultrasound) and other services to diagnose your ailment accurately.
Using advanced technology, we offer the most up-to-date treatment options. They may include medications, nonsurgical approaches and advanced surgical techniques, such as reconstructive surgery and minimally invasive procedures.
We customize your treatment plan based on your symptoms and specific needs, with a focus on your comfort. We also collaborate with experts in other specialties, including oncologists, radiologists and pelvic floor physical therapists, to provide comprehensive care. And we devise a long-term follow-up care plan, as needed, to hasten your recovery.
Why Choose Us
Discover how UC San Diego Health can help you:
- Congenital urologic services for teens and young adults, offering specialized help to move from pediatric treatment to adult urologic care.
- Fertility care for men and women, with stellar treatments for a variety of issues, as well as partnering with others to offer advanced assisted reproductive technology (ART) services, including in vitro fertilization and embryo freezing
- Kidney stone center, providing safe, effective options to treat, remove and prevent kidney stones
- Men's reproductive and sexual health services, offering safe treatments for vasectomy reversal, enlarged prostate BPH, low testosterone and other sexual health issues
- Neuro-urology program, with precise and personalized treatment for neurogenic bladder disorders whether they are congenital or caused by accident or disease
- Reconstructive urology specialists, at the forefront of tackling disorders affecting the external genitalia, male urethra and the genitourinary system
- Urologic cancer experts, internationally renowned for the diagnosis and treatment of bladder cancer, kidney cancer, prostate cancer and all other types of urologic cancers
- Women's pelvic medicine center, the region's first comprehensive program for female pelvic issues, including incontinence, urinary tract infections and vaginal prolapse
Urologic Research & Clinical Trials
We are devoted to finding and delivering new therapies that will safely and effectively improve your quality of life. As a UC San Diego Health patient, you may have a chance to take part in a clinical trial or research study at one of the top urology programs in the nation. Ask your urologist.
Choose a urology care location that’s convenient for you and your family. We have seven offices across San Diego County, including a clinic at 321 E St., Chula Vista, CA 91910 (View Google map).