Receiving an imaging diagnosis that requires neurosurgery can be confusing. If you would like another physician to review your X-rays or other images and provide an opinion, UC San Diego Health offers easy access to our world-renowned neurosurgeons through our online second-opinion program. One of our physicians will review your imaging reports and send you a written opinion based on your images. This service is easy and convenient, and can help you make an informed decision without the hassle and expense of traveling.
Our surgeons can review records related to many neurosurgical conditions, including:
- Acoustic neuromas
- Aneurysms (cerebral or neck vessel)
- Arteriovenous malformations (AVMs)
- Brain tumors
- Carotid artery disease
- Chiari malformations
- Colloid cysts
- Epilepsy (surgical treatment)
- Hemifacial spasm (surgical treatment)
- Parkinson's disease (surgical treatment)
- Pediatric neurosurgery
- Spinal column and herniated disc disease
- Spine tumors
- Trigeminal neuralgia (surgical treatment)
How Online Second Opinions Work
UC San Diego Health uses a secure online portal to receive your images and supporting documents and deliver a written review of your case. The cost is $150.
- Begin by creating an account on our
- Fill out the medical information form and follow the instructions to upload your imaging reports and supporting documents
- UC San Diego Health will notify you if we need any additional information. If your documents are complete, your case will be assigned to one of our
- The UC San Diego neurosurgeon reviews your documents and sends you a written report within seven business days.
- You will be notified that your consult is ready. You can log in, review your consultation from our physician, and then make an informed decision with your own physician.
- UC San Diego Health's registration team will contact you to verify your demographic information before our physician's report is filed in our records. This is for your safety and the safety of your medical record. Depending on your case, UC San Diego Health may also contact you to schedule any desired follow-up consultations.
Start your second opinion consult now